Friday, July 23, 2010

Open Doors of A-107

[original post here: October 26, 2009]



The thought of living here in the Metro four months ago was really awful. Scary thoughts have eaten up my mind, I was too worried because hello, this is Manila for goodness’ sake. As they say, “lahat ng pwede mong makilalang personalidad, nasa Maynila na” at “malakas ang hatak ng mga tao dun.” I won’t wonder why I was so paranoid everywhere I went but hey, I was so wrong.

In my stay here for almost five months I can finally say that it wasn’t that hard to adjust and adapt, that’s because there are these people who opened and reached their hands for me to fit in.

Section A-107, 7am, room 330, ENGN10A. First day was unsurprisingly… well, quiet, ahahah. As usual, first impressions rose, and I know I wasn’t the only one trying to read one another’s mind and personality.

Every subject, there are new faces which I find really confusing. I even asked myself, “Paano ko malalaman kakaibiganin ko kung hindi ko makilala yung mga talagang ka-block ko? Ang labo naman.” As weeks passed I realized who belongs to the section A-107, if you’ve seen someone being in the same class as you do for more than three times, he/she might be one.

Of course, as any other class, certain groups were made. Those groups weren’t produced intentionally, you just can’t help but join the same people everyday especially when you’re comfortable being with them. No matter how many groups evolve inside the four corners of rooms 330,239, and gym, A-107 is still one.

We traded contacts from numbers to e-mail addresses, we exchanged group messages, we went to the cr in groups or by twos, we shared histories, we ate together regularly, we shared assignments and notes, we laugh on the corniest jokes, we took pictures and videos, and the best-est thing? It was when we started to CARE for one another. Unexpectedly, though we know that we won’t last for long, together we made a strong bond that would be hard to break by anyone.

At first, some were really hard to understand, yet those differences made a difference. The unlike attracts as they say and so we did.

What I love most about this section is that they didn’t treat me different from others. They know that I’m from Pampanga but all of them were eager and patient enough to teach me. They showed me that I belong and that everyone is.

I can still remember my best memory with them, PE finals. Honestly, that was the most enjoyable dance I did. I never felt so much energy, excitement, and happiness while dancing, it just happened that day. There are a lot more to share, but it all ends up with one conclusion- a day with them is always a good laugh.

Now that first sem is over, and though we know that on the next ‘first day’ we won’t see all the same faces, we know that by heart, for once, we were a big part of a happy family… the A-107.

—

I LOVE YOU ALL, for real. Walang kakalimot ha. Missing you guys.

nakakamiss to *video by iggi* (07.23.10)


xiXi =3

No comments: